As Dining Room Manager at the Inn at Shelburne Farms, your responsibilities include:
- Building guest relationships with the Farm; facilitating guest care and services and positive experiences
- Hiring, training and supporting Breakfast Manager
- Overseeing hiring, training, scheduling and supervising breakfast staff
- Hiring, training, scheduling and supervising dinner staff
- Facilitating and setting standards for gracious and timely flow of the dining experience at the Inn, including monitoring and coordinating reservations and implementing service training, procedure manuals and computer training
- Coordinating and implementing pre-season set up of pantry and dining room; a.m./p.m. pantry cleaning duties, daily, weekly and monthly; and post season breakdown
- Creating and overseeing wine list and maintaining alcohol, beverage and other dining room inventories, including china, glass, silverware and other service related items
- Performing and balancing daily closeout working with Accounting Department as necessary to provide any additional information needed
- Working with the Inn’s management team on menu development ideas and providing food education to waitstaff consistent with the Farm’s food vision
- Working closely with Inn Director to develop and maintain a teamwork approach with all other departments of Inn and Shelburne Farms.
- Creating a warm, positive, supportive and productive work environment for staff
This is a full-time, seasonal position from March 15 thru October 31.
Send cover letter and resume (please use your name in the subject line) to email below, or mail to: Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
- Previous restaurant management experience
- Broad knowledge of wines and fine food
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team atmosphere
Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.