Join the team that welcomes and takes care of our guests at the beautiful historic Inn at Shelburne Farms. Front Desk Agents are responsible for welcoming guests, walking them through the checking-in and checking-out process, handling payments and managing any guest issues that arise. Agents work to ensure positive guest experiences.
This is a full- or part-time position running May through October. Work shift is 6am-2pm.
- Welcoming guests, checking them in and out of the Inn
- Providing general information about the Inn and Farm to guests
- Helping to resolve guest service problems and making the guests visit as enjoyable as possible
- Answering phones
- Processing all room and Inn gift store payments
- Maintaining on-going phone log
- Communicating with Inn Hosts regarding guest needs
- Booking dinner and breakfast reservations for guests
- Assisting with guest-related paperwork and filing
- Coordinating with Housekeeping when guests are checking in and out
- Running daily reports
- Friendly and professional demeanor, positive outlook, enthusiastic, hospitable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle many moving pieces
- Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays for duration of season
- Familiarity with Gmail and Google Docs.
- Dedication to providing the highest quality of guest service
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- Desire to learn the goals and mission of Shelburne Farms
- Previous guest experience is a plus
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Send cover letter and resume to Julia Swee, email@example.com with Front Desk Agent and your name in the subject line of email. Please provide your availability in detail in your cover letter.
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.