Join the team that welcomes and takes care of our guests at the beautiful historic Inn at Shelburne Farms. Reservationists are responsible for helping guests through the booking process using our computer based reservation system. This position also helps book dinner and breakfast reservations for our dining room. This is a full or part-time seasonal position, running May through October.
- Answering phones
- Walking interested guests through the reservation process
- Using the Inn’s reservation system, HOST, to book reservations
- Build a thorough working knowledge of the rooms and cottages
- Providing general information about the Inn and Farm to guests
- Maintaining on-going phone log
- Booking dinner and breakfast reservations for guests
- Assisting with guest-related paperwork and filing
- Friendly and professional demeanor, positive outlook, enthusiastic, hospitable
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays for the duration of the season
- Familiarity with Gmail and Google Docs.
- Dedication to providing the highest quality of guest service
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- Desire to learn the goals and mission of Shelburne Farms
- Previous guest experience is a plus
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for eight hours
- High call volumes expected at times
Send cover letter and resume to Julia Swee, firstname.lastname@example.org with Inn Reservationist and your name in the subject line of email. Please describe your availability in detail in your cover letter.