Work closely with the Farm’s guest services team to build goodwill and enhance the experience of Shelburne Farms through exceptional service and sharing the Farm programs, products, and services with the public. This position will play a lead role in assuring the successful operation of the Farm Store component of the Welcome Center.
- Facilitating efficient management of Farm Store retails sales operations in conjunction with Welcome Center activities, including: product buying, ordering, receiving, pricing, stocking, sampling, merchandising, budgeting, cost analysis, inventory systems and achieving sales goals.
- Building guest and customer relationships.
- Supporting Welcome Center and Farm Store Manager in overseeing staff and improving management systems
Physical Factors/Working Conditions
- Typically 45 hours a week with one weekend day;
- Longer days and weeks from mid-May through mid-October;
- Stamina to stand for most of the day;
- Able to walk up and down stairs daily;
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. of merchandise.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of employees at the Farm.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the Farm’s mission, programs and core values
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Cheese and other farm product retail and merchandising experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Positive attitude: friendly, creative, and professional demeanor
- Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays
- Experienced in MS Office Tools
Submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to David Jonah, Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482