February - October 2016
The Farm Based Education Residency is an opportunity for individuals interested in pursuing a career and/or post secondary degree in education for sustainability with a focus on farm-based education. Our on-site education programs include family programs, a Children’s Farmyard, school programs, summer camps, large community events and seasonal special events. Residents will support these educational programs and events and help with seasonal agricultural activities in the Children’s Farmyard, woodlands and dairy, including animal chores, gardening and sugaring. Residents will observe, team-teach, and teach independently as part of the education department. Opportunities for reflection and professional learning will be provided throughout the residency. Residents should be prepared to support a continuous effort to foster a culturally aware learning community, open to multiple perspectives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
The Farm-Based Education Residency is intended for individuals with some previous teaching experience. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Education, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Agriculture or a related field is preferred. Additional requirements include:
- Relevant education and work experience
- Passion for place-based, experiential learning in agricultural & natural settings
- Desire to work with children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dedication to diversity and inclusiveness
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to teach in an outdoor setting in all seasons in varied terrain.
- Ability to drive tractor as needed - training available.
- This position requires some evening and weekend work and travel.
work expectations & compensation:
Residents will work full time, including evenings and weekends. In order to develop a strong community of learners, housing on site is provided. Residents receive $384 per week in compensation; a small weekly expense will be deducted to help defer the cost of housing.
How to apply:
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING RESUMES FOR 2016. WE WILL BEGIN THE APPLICATION REVIEW IN LATE AUGUST.
Send your resume and cover to:
Attention: Jed Norris
1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
or email: email@example.com
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org