Advance the Farm’s mission by providing leadership and overseeing year-round dining and beverage service for the Farm’s diverse audiences, including overnight guests, program and event participants, restaurant, and Farm Cart patrons.
- Maintenance of daily/weekly/monthly record-keeping
- Hiring, training, and supervising Dinner, Breakfast and Bar Managers, and Farm Cart staff
- Creating and maintaining the Farm’s multiple wine lists
- Ordering and coordinating all wine/liquor deliveries and inventory
- Overseeing pre-season setup and post season breakdown of pantry/dining room
- Planning and scheduling all aspects of functions and events at the Inn. This includes all communication with the guest (phone calls, site visits, e-mails), coordination with kitchen, service staff and management team on event details, and all record keeping (billing, invoicing, records of attendance etc).
- Working with the Executive Chef and management team on menu development ideas
- Responsible for meeting restaurant budget goals
- Providing service staff food & beverage education to advance food goals and vision
- Supporting the management team with guest services
- Providing year round general support of programs and operations such as cheese and catalog during the holiday season, Inn reservations and Welcome Center support during the winter season, etc.
- Maintaining accurate inventories for products, supplies, and equipment
- Restaurant and event planning management experience
- Knowledge of food, wines and spirits and inventory management experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent guest services and communications skills
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the Farm’s mission, core values and business model
- Experience with Aloha POS a plus
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Working across multiple locations
- Ability to be physically active for extended periods of time, including lifting & event set-up
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ari Sadri, [email protected]. Please put your name and position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.