Come be a part of an award-winning restaurant located on the shores of Lake Champlain! The Inn at Shelburne Farms is looking for knowledgeable and gracious servers who understand the requirements of technically correct service and who can communicate about world-class cuisine that showcases products grown right here on our 1,400-acre farm. Dinner servers are responsible for providing the highest level of quality service to all guests in the dining room.
- Maintain a clean and organized pantry and serving area
- Knowledge of the menu and specials for the day
- Knowledge of the wine, cocktail and beer menus
- Interact with guests with a positive attitude and proper service techniques
- Alert the Dinner Manager with issues that may arise with dining guests
- Complete side work as able throughout the shift
- Assist team members with the set up and breakdown of the dining room each evening, setting tables for breakfast service the following day
- Restaurant experience is a must
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent guest services and communications skills
- Understanding and enthusiasm for the Farm’s mission, core values, and business model
- Familiarity with ALOHA POS Systems is a plus
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and be physically active for extended periods of time
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected], with subject: “Dinner Server - Your Name” . If you would like to apply for other positions at the Inn, please send a separate e-mail.
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.