Advance the Farm’s educational mission by managing year-round kitchen operations to produce fresh/local/healthy/delicious food for our diverse audiences, including overnight guests, program and event participants, restaurant, and Farm Cart patrons.
- Hiring, training, and supervision of seasonal kitchen staff of 25-30 people
- Work with Inn Director and Farm management team on developing systems, staffing plans and training, budgets and schedules for quality and timely food service across the Farm
- Oversee preparation of all food served to guests and program participants at the Farm, including at our farm-to-table restaurant, our Farm Cart food truck, and at other locations around the Farm.
- Collaborate and build relationships with the Farm’s and other local producers in menu planning
- Manage pricing, food and labor costs to meet food service goals
- Manage inventories, including regular and accurate accounting, ordering, receiving, storage areas security and maintenance
- Manage the opening and closing and professional maintenance of the kitchen consistent with Vermont Department of Health regulations
- Support Cheese & Catalog operations in November/December
- Provide general support of Farm operations and programs as needed
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of employees at the Farm.
- Passion for preparing and sharing locally sourced, simply prepred and beautifully presented, great tasting, nutritious food
- Three years or more of culinary and food service management experience, including budget management
- Strong leadership, organizational, administrative, problem solving, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Friendly and professional demeanor with positive outlook
- Understanding of and commitment to the Farm’s mission and core values
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Working across multiple locations and ability to be physically active for extended periods of time
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected], Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.