Join the team that welcomes and takes care of our guests at the beautiful historic Inn at Shelburne Farms. If you consider yourself friendly, positive and personable all while maintaining a high level of organization and an eye for detail please apply. Seasonal positions (May-October). Full and part-time positions available.
- Greeting guests upon arrival and assisting with check-in and check-out
- Fulfilling specific guest needs and requests pleasantly and efficiently
- Being conversant about Shelburne Farms and the local area, answering related questions and providing general information in a knowledgeable manner
- Preparing amenities for guest rooms (i.e. cheese plates, flowers, guest cards, etc.)
- Assist guests by carrying luggage to rooms
- Checking public rooms for tidiness and general appearance
- Monitoring tea service in the afternoon, assisting when necessary
- Monitoring the temperature of the house, carrying out all “hot” & “cold” weather duties.
- Keep Guest Attendant area clean and orderly
- Maintain weekly inventory for room/cottage Guest Attendant supplies
- Friendly and professional demeanor, positive outlook, enthusiastic, hospitable
- Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays for duration of the season
- Dedication to providing the highest quality of guest service
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- Desire to learn the goals and mission of Shelburne Farms
- A valid driver’s license
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. up flights of stairs
- Ability to be physically active for extended periods of time
Send cover letter and resume to Julia Swee, [email protected] with Guest Attendant and your name in the subject line of email. Please provide your availability in detail in your cover letter.
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.