Come join the cheese team at Shelburne Farms! We are currently seeking a motivated, dependable, hard-working, quality-focused cheesemaker to help produce our award-winning farmstead cheddar cheese.
Primary duties include:
- Cheese production throughout every step of the process from the arrival of milk to final press
- Participation in cleaning, sanitation, record keeping, and food safety
- Cheese processing, including cutting, waxing, packaging, and labeling for retail sale
- Assisting in performing order fulfillment and shipping, especially during the holiday season
- Sales and marketing assistance at farmers markets, demos, food shows, and farm programs
- Cheesemaking or milk and cheese chemistry experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, cleaning and sanitation, and food safety is preferred
- Significant physical strength and endurance, including the ability to lift 50+ lbs repetitively. Includes long days on your feet working in hot and cold environments such as makerooms and coolers.
- Team player that is flexible, hardworking and wants to learn more about the art and science of cheesemaking
Shelburne Farms is a nonprofit educational organization whose mission is to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future. Based on Abenaki land along the shores of Lake Champlain, our campus is a 1,400-acre working farm, forest, and National Historic Landmark. We’ve been producing raw milk cheddar at the farm for over 30 years. The farm is located on the shores of Lake Champlain and just a short drive from Burlington. For more information about the farm visit shelburnefarms.org.
Please email or mail resume and cover letter to:
1611 Harbor Road
Shelburne, VT 05482
or [email protected]
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a culturally aware learning community that is open to multiple perspectives.