- Employee Status: Seasonal, Full-time hours
- Exemption: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Start & End Date: May 1st - October 31st, 2023
- Pay rate: $12/hour + gratuities
A position at Shelburne Farms is to participate in the creation of an environment where guests and colleagues feel welcomed, cared for, engaged, and inspired.
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Engaging with guests with a focus on the farm's mission
- Maintaining a clean and organized bar and wine cellar
- Knowledge of wine, spirits and beer
- Preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for visiting guests
- Working with the Beverage Director to develop a specialty cocktail program
- Interact with guests with a positive attitude and proper service techniques
- Managing bar inventory and alerting the Dining & Beverage Manager when an order is needed
- Proper setup and breakdown of the bar nightly
- Assisting with set up and break down of events
Who We’re Looking For
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Organized: You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced: Previous bar experience is a must
- Gracious: You are warm, friendly, and generous. You understand that the art of hospitality lies in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for the people with whom you interact.
- Flexible: Your life allows for flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Inclusive: You are comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
Additional Valued Qualifications
- Familiarity with a Point of Sales (POS) systems preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and be physically active for extended periods of time
- Indoor spaces lack conventional heating and cooling
- We offer a 30% discount on Farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
- Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below to our hiring team at email@example.com with “Bartender” in the subject line.
- All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- Why are you interested in working at Shelburne Farms?
- How would you define hospitality?
- Please also include contact information for 3 references
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. The duties and responsibilities described herein are not intended to be a complete and comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to this position from time to time, and the scope of the position may change based on operational demands.