- Employee Status: Seasonal, Full-Time hours
- Start & End Date: May - October, 2023
- Pay Rate: $8/hour + gratuity
- Work Schedule: 3-5 shifts/week including at least one weekend, 30 - 40 hrs/week
A position at Shelburne Farms is to participate in the creation of an environment where guests and colleagues feel welcomed, cared for, engaged, and inspired.
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and organized pantry, dining room, and serving area
- Know the menu and specials for the day, paying special attention to any allergens in menu items/specials
- Provide excellent service to our guests by anticipating and attending to their needs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Being able to describe menu items and specials
- Taking orders for food and beverage and entering orders into the inn’s POS system.
- Keeping ahead of guest’s needs for coffee and other beverages.
- Running food from the kitchen to guest tables
- Maintaining the guests' tables, etc.
- Interact with guests and fellow staff members with a positive attitude
- Alert the Breakfast Manager with issues that may arise with guests
- Complete side work as assigned for your shift
- Assist team members with the setup and breakdown of the dining room daily, setting the tables for that evening’s dinner service
- Assist with setup and breakdown of events
Who We’re Looking For
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Organized: You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced: Previous restaurant experience is a must
- Gracious: You are warm, friendly, and generous. You understand that the art of hospitality lies in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for the people with whom you interact.
- Flexible: Your life allows for flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Inclusive: You are comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
Additional Valued Qualifications
- Familiarity with POS systems preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and be physically active for extended periods of time
- Indoor spaces lack conventional heating and cooling
- 30% discount on farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
- Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Breakfast Server ” in the subject line.
- All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- Why are you interested in working at Shelburne Farms?
- How would you define hospitality?
- Please also include contact information for 3 references
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. The duties and responsibilities described herein are not intended to be a complete and comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to this position from time to time, and the scope of the position may change based on operational demands.