- Employee Status: Seasonal, Full Time and Part Time hours available
- Start & End Date: May 15, 2023 - October 26, 2023
- Salary Range: $17 - 20/hour (on-site housing may be available)
- Work Schedule: AM & PM shifts available 7 days/week (7:30am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 10:30pm)
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Ensure the availability of clean dishes, cookware, and flatware so your team may continue to deliver delicious meals to restaurant guests and visitors at Shelburne Farms.
- During peak dining hours, this work is very fast paced and requires high attention to detail.
- You will help collect dishware from around the kitchen.
- Load and unload the dishwasher.
- Hand-wash specific specific items as trained.
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately.
- Check and clear out dishwasher for any food debris, and alert management of any mechanical or performance issues.
- Remove garbage and help sanitize the entire kitchen, along with your team, at the end of each shift.
Who We’re Looking for
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Organized: Not only are you organized, you enjoy organization and are able to create order out of disorder.
- Mentally Flexible: When difficulties arise you are able to find creative solutions. You see an unhappy guest and consider it an opportunity to find a solution, improve someone’s day and deepen a relationship.
- Collaborative: You thrive in an environment that relies upon collaboration for success and recognize the importance of teamwork with all staff members.
- Creative: You have a foundational knowledge of seasonal farm products and are able to find creative ways to utilize them as the seasons progress.
- Leader: You are happy working with a team of people. You choose to lead by example, and prefer to work side by side with your teams. You understand the importance of supportive training, are clear with your directions, and are patient as your team learns the ropes. You value team members’ differences and thrive when working with a diverse team.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- We offer a 30% discount on farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
- Potential free staff housing options available for this role and will be discussed with you during the interview.
- Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Dishwasher” in the subject line.
- All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- Tell us about a time when you felt best supported by your leadership team (can also apply to experience in school). We want to know how we can help you thrive and grow in our work environment!
- How did you hear about this role?
- Please also include contact information for 3 references
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. The duties and responsibilities described herein are not intended to be a complete and comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to this position from time to time, and the scope of the position may change based on operational demands.