- Employee Status: Seasonal, Part Time/Full Time
- Start & End Date: April 19, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Salary Range: $18 - $21/hour + tips
- Work Schedule: 7AM or 8AM - 3PM (operate 7 days and schedule will vary depending on availability)
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Clean and care of all 2nd and 3rd floor bedrooms, bathrooms and public spaces
- Clean and care of all guest cottages and houses
- Assist cleaning of 1st floor rooms, hallways, and back of house areas as needed
- Maintain standards of cleanliness established by management
- Assist with the daily laundry and care of linens as needed
- Learn and following proper care of museum quality furnishings, special woodwork and floors, etc.
- Maintain order and tidiness of all housekeeping closets, laundry room, and back of house areas.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Detail Oriented: You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Clean: You have high standards of cleanliness.
- Gracious: You are warm, friendly, and generous. You understand that the art of hospitality lies in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for the people with whom you interact.
- Outcome Focused: You like to see a job done and done well. You are excellent at time management.
- Energetic: You like to move! This job is not for those who enjoy sitting still.
- Flexible: Your life allows for flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
- Inclusive: Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
Additional Valued Qualifications
● Previous housekeeping experience preferred but not required
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to be physically active for extended periods of time
- Indoor spaces lack conventional heating and cooling
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- We offer a 30% discount on Farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
- Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeper” in the subject line.
- All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- Why are you interested in working at Shelburne Farms?
- How would you define hospitality?
- Please also include contact information for 3 references
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. The duties and responsibilities described herein are not intended to be a complete and comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to this position from time to time, and the scope of the position may change based on operational demands.