Position Title: Guest Attendant
Supervisor: Assistant Inn Director
Employee Status: Seasonal, Full or Part Time
Location: Onsite, Shelburne, VT
Start Date: September 1, 2023
End Date: October 26, 2023
Salary Range: $16 - $17/hr + tips
Work Schedule: AM & PM Shifts needed daily (8AM - 3:30PM, 2PM - 9PM)
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Greeting guests upon arrival and assisting with check-in and check-out processes
- Fulfilling specific guest needs and requests pleasantly and efficiently
- Being conversant about Shelburne Farms and the local area, answering related questions and providing general information in a knowledgeable manner
- Preparing guest rooms for arrival of new guests (i.e. cheese plate, flowers, door tag, etc.)
- Checking public rooms for tidiness and general appearance continually throughout the day
- Monitoring tea service in the afternoon, assisting service staff when necessary
- Monitoring the temperature of the house, carrying out all “hot” and “cold” weather duties
- Keeping employee areas of the Inn clean and orderly
- Maintain weekly inventory for room/cottage guest supplies and alerting the Assistant Inn Director when an order is needed
Who We’re Looking For
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Detail Oriented: You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Gracious: You are warm, friendly, and generous. You understand that the art of hospitality lies in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for the people with whom you interact.
- Team Player: You are happy to jump in on any task and help out team members as needed
- Excellent Communicator: You enjoy talking to people and enjoy listening even more.
- Flexible: Your life allows for flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
- Inclusive: Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
Additional Valued Qualifications
- Previous guest experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license for valet driving
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs up flights of stairs
- Indoor spaces lack conventional heating and cooling
- We offer a 30% discount on Farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below.
All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- How your qualifications and experience match the needs and mission of the Farm
- and this position.
- How your experiences, values, and/or efforts demonstrate your commitment to the
- values of diversity, justice, and equity.
- How you heard about the position.
- Please also include contact information for 3 references