Employee Status: Seasonal, Full-Time hours
Location: On-site (99 Inn Road, Shelburne, VT 05482)
Start & End Date: August - October 31st
Pay Rate: $15/hour + gratuity
Work Schedule: 3-5 shifts/week including at least one weekend, 30 - 40 hrs/week
Free Transportation Available: Free employee transportation to and from the Burlington area is available for anyone working Monday-Friday. Transportation leaves from Burlington area at 7:45am and departs from Shelburne Farms at 5:15 pm.
A position at Shelburne Farms is to participate in the creation of an environment where guests and colleagues feel welcomed, cared for, engaged, and inspired.
What You’ll Do: Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining a clean and organized host stand
- Answer hostess phone and assist guests with reservations as needed
- Knowledge of the menu and specials for the evening
- Interact with guests with a welcoming and friendly disposition
- Alerting the Dinner Manager with issues that may arise with seating guests
- Completing side work as able throughout the shift
- Supporting the serving staff by running hot food, bussing tables and alerting them when tables are seated in their station
- Assisting team members with the set up and breakdown of the dining room daily, setting the tables for the next service
Who We’re Looking For
- Mission-Aligned: You are excited to be part of Shelburne Farms’ mission to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future and you understand how important the hospitality and food experiences we offer are for advancing the Farm’s mission.
- Organized: You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced: Previous restaurant experience is a must
- Gracious: You are warm, friendly, and generous. You understand that the art of hospitality lies in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for the people with whom you interact.
- Flexible: Your life allows for flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Inclusive: You are comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
Additional Valued Qualifications
- Familiarity with POS systems preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and be physically active for extended periods of time
- Indoor spaces lack conventional heating and cooling
- We offer a 30% discount on Farm products.
- Six (6) days (48 hours) of paid Sick Time for all seasonal employees.
- Please submit a resume and response to the questions listed below to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Host” in the subject line.
- All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
- Why are you interested in working at Shelburne Farms?
- How would you define hospitality?
- Please also include contact information for 3 references