CANCELLED - Photography for Naturalists
Learn to harness your camera to become a better naturalist while improving your nature photography. In this day-long winter workshop, we’ll practice blending photography techniques and naturalist skills to achieve a deeper connection with the natural world. Ideal for all levels of experience. A digital camera and inquisitive attitude required.
- Participants will leave with beautiful photographs and a powerful new approach to walking in the Vermont woods.
- Morning photographic naturalist walk in Shelburne Farms’ picturesque winter landscape.
- Afternoon workshops on composition and camera technique, tailored to the interests and skills of participants.
- Photographic ecological “missions” combining natural history investigation with technical photography skills.
- Photography-focused wilderness awareness and mindfulness activities.
Sean Beckett is a professional naturalist guide and photographer who brings guests to see and photograph North America’s powerful landscapes and charismatic wildlife. In addition to being an expedition leader for Natural Habitat Adventures and World Wildlife Fund, Sean is a Frog Hollow Artisan and photography instructor thorough his company Green Mountain Exposure. Sean holds an MS from UVM’s Field Naturalist graduate program. See his work here.
Photo by Anne-Marie LittenbergRegistration Details:
Registration is required. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
See all events.