Jr Iron Chef VT
Jr Iron Chef VT is a statewide culinary competition that challenges teams of middle and high school students to create healthy, local dishes that inspire school meal programs, so students understand how they can effect change in the food system. During their Jr Iron Chef VT experience, students:
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Gain critical life skills in the kitchen
- Learn about local agriculture and nutrition
- Establish relationships with peers, chefs, and local farmers
- Build confidence
- Become advocates for effecting change in the food system
Students work hard year-round to qualify and prepare for this exciting competition! For more information visit jrironchefvt.org.
Competition Schedule & DETAILS
- Champlain Valley Exposition, Essex Junction
- Morning heat: 9:30–11:00AM; awards 12:00–12:30PM
- Afternoon heat: 12:30–2:00PM; awards 3:00–3:30PM
Concession stand and activity room will be onsite for your enjoyment - activities and snacks for the whole family!
No registration necessary. Pay at the door.
See all events.