included in General Admission.
Enjoy a clean, safe, friendly and informative experience of agriculture with your family. The Farmyard, located in the south wing of the Farm Barn, opened in 1991.
How do you get to the Farmyard?
- Stroll the Walking Trail from Welcome Ctr. (3/4 mile)
- Ride a 15-minute tractor wagon shuttle from the Welcome Ctr. to the Farm Barn.
- First shuttle leaves at 10 am, then runs every half hour.
- Last shuttle leaves the Welcome Ctr. at 4 pm.
- From the Farm Barn, the last shuttle leaves to return to the Welcome Ctr. at 4:45 pm.
What can you do at the Farmyard?
Explore on your own or join a number of activities scheduled throughout the day. The first activity (Chicken Parade) is at 10:30 am. The last activity is at 4:00. Trained educators and volunteers are on hand to answer questions.
- Chicken Parade (10:30 am)
- Milk a cow (11 am & 2 pm daily). Watch the video!
- Collect eggs.
- Pet a rabbit.
- Goat milking demo (4:15 pm)
- Card and spin wool.
- Brush a sheep and goat.
- Get in the garden.
- Chores with the public in the late afternoon.
- RAPTORS in RESIDENCE: every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday @1 pm in the woods near the farmyard, starting June 20. Meet and learn about live birds of prey. Presented by Outreach for Earth Stewardship
What animals do we have?
- Brown Swiss milk cow
- Brown Swiss calves
- Goats and goat kids
- Sheep and lambs
- Polish Crested hens and Bantams, laying hens and roosters
- Turkeys (in the Farmyard starting late July)
- Miniature Sicilian Donkeys