included in General Admission.
Enjoy a clean, safe, friendly and informative experience of agriculture with your family. The Farmyard, located in the south wing of the Farm Barn, opened in 1991.
How do you get to the Farmyard?
- Stroll the Walking Trail from Welcome Ctr. (3/4 mile)
- Ride a 15-minute tractor wagon shuttle from the Welcome Ctr. to the Farm Barn.
- First shuttle leaves at 10 am, then runs every half hour.
- Last shuttle leaves at 4 pm.
- From the Farm Barn, the last shuttle leaves to return to the Welcome Ctr. at 4:45 pm.
What can you do at the Farmyard?
Explore on your own or join a number of activities throughout the day. The first activity (Chicken Parade) is at 10:30 am. Trained educators and volunteers are on hand to answer questions.
- Chicken Parade (10:30 am)
- Milk a cow (11 am & 2 pm daily) Watch the video!
- Collect eggs.
- Brush the horses and donkey.
- Pet and brush a rabbit.
- Milk a goat. Watch the video!
- Card and spin wool.
- Self-guided activities (scavenger hunt, crafts).
- Chores with the public in the late afternoon.
- RAPTORS in RESIDENCE: STARTING JUNE 11, 2013, every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday @1:00 pm in the woods near the farmyard. Meet and learn about live birds of prey. Presented by Outreach for Earth Stewardship
What animals do we have?
- Brown Swiss milk cow
- Brown Swiss calves
- Goats and kids
- Sheep and lambs
- Pigs and piglets
- Several breeds of rabbits
- Polish Crested hens and Bantams, laying hens and roosters, meat birds
- Miniature Sicilian Donkeys