Our Response to COVID-19
Last updated: March 26, 2020
Shelburne Farms is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. As the situation continues to change rapidly, our top priority remains protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our visitors, staff, and volunteers, and slowing the spread of this disease.
If you have traveled in affected locations, or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 or someone who has traveled in the affected locations, please do not visit the Farm. If you have underlying health conditions, please follow Centers for Disease Control guidelines.
Walking at the Farm
Governor Scott’s recent “Stay Home” Executive Order of March 24, 2020, makes clear allowances for exercise, including hiking and walking. We are happy to say our trails remain available to you for that purpose, and as a place to seek solace, comfort, and connection to the natural world.
However, with the increased pressure on our trails at this time, and the continued critical need to reduce exposure to this virus, we ask you to observe the guidelines below.
We are counting on you to:
- Practice social distancing. Leave six feet of distance between you and other visitors or non-familial members of your group. Step off the trail as needed when others are passing to keep the 6-foot distance. Limit the size of walking groups to 2-3 people if possible.
- Stay on marked trails. All cars must park at the Welcome Center parking area and use the pedestrian path along the Farm’s main road to access other marked trails on the property. Please avoid walking on roads wherever possible.
- Respect all “Private No Access” or “No farther” signs. While open to the public, the Farm has several private property owners as neighbors and on-farm residents. We are fully committed to being a good neighbor to them and respecting their privacy. Please do the same by observing all “Private No Access” or “No Farther” signs.
- Stay out of all barns and buildings. To protect the safety of our staff who are operating essential food and farm functions (dairying, cheesemaking, sugaring, market garden), all our barns and buildings are closed to the public. The Welcome Center & Farm Store is closed until further notice.
- Leave your dogs at home as of April 1. We know pets offer comfort in uncertain times (and they need walks, too!), but we will soon have animals on pasture that we need to protect. Walking with dogs also makes social distancing more difficult.
Note: There are no public restrooms available on the property.
Ordering Farm Products
Mail order is shipping farm products on its regular schedule. Locally, our Welcome Center and Farm Store is closed, but you may still call the store (802) 985-8442 daily from 10AM-5PM, and place orders for our cheese, maple syrup, meat, and other products. You can also or complete an order form. Your order will be placed outside the Welcome Center doors for same-day pickup, or we can deliver to Shelburne residents only (Monday to Friday). Check back for updates.
Shelburne Farms Programs and Events
With an abundance of caution, and recognizing that gatherings can facilitate the spread or risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are cancelling or postponing all of our programs and events at the Farm from March 15 until May 1, 2020. If programs or events that you are registered for are cancelled, you will be notified via email with details about rescheduling and refunds. Please check our calendar for updates.
We are still determining opening dates for tours, children’s farmyard, and inn stays and dining for the 2020 season. We are planning for several contingency scenarios and will continue to be responsive to recommendations from the State of Vermont and/or the Centers for Disease Control, as they evolve. Please check back for updates.
We are still determining opening dates for our residential programs, including overnight stays at the Farm. As international and domestic travel plans are affected by the coronavirus, we hope that the Farm can offer a closer-to-home getaway experience, but we acknowledge that the situation may change. You can be assured we will be following recommended cleaning protocols in all our guest accommodations. If you would like to change your reservation, we will be happy to apply your deposit to a future date or continue to hold it until you are ready to reschedule your stay. Otherwise, our regular cancellation and refund policies apply.
For more information: