Our Response to COVID-19
updated: June 23, 2021
With Vermont now fully reopen, we are excited at the opportunities it presents to further our educational mission: to cultivate and inspire learning for a sustainable future. However, as a complex nonprofit with many seasonal components, resuming operations is not as simple as “flipping a switch.”
- Carefully reintroducing on-site public programming in modified or reimagined ways. Check our online calendar.
- Offering our extensive walking trails to you by donation, including the chance to visit with our Children’s Farmyard animals (although there are no staff-led activities, and no wagon shuttle).
- Providing delicious curbside food for sale at the Farm Store, including fresh produce and flowers from the Market Garden, maple syrup from our woodlands, cheddar from the milk of our Brown Swiss cows, and
- The Inn and Restaurant will remain closed for 2021. Readying a historic seasonal inn for guests is an extended process that at this stage, does not make financial or operational sense for us as a nonprofit. We hope to see you in 2022!
- Our educational programs are being offered in new and creative ways online, and as safety permits, on site.
- MASKING: Masks are encouraged only if you are unvaccinated and social distance cannot be maintained. Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not visit.
- For up-to-date information on the pandemic, visit: Vermont Department of Health or Centers for Disease Control.