Our Response to COVID-19
Last updated: November 23, 2020
Shelburne Farms continues to closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. Our top priority during the pandemic remains protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our visitors, staff, and community. We are working on plans for 2021. Please continue to check our website as updates become available.
If you have traveled from out of state and have not quarantined, or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 please do not visit the Farm. If you have underlying health conditions, please follow Centers for Disease Control guidelines.
See the current VT Department of Health Covid-19 updates and directives.
Walking at the Farm
During the winter season, visitors may continue to use the Walking Trails by donation and at their own risk, with the understanding that our trails are not maintained and winter conditions may be hazardous.
For everyone’s health and safety, please:
- Practice social distancing at all times in our parking lot and on our trails. Maintain 6 feet of separation between you and other parties, stepping off the trail as needed.
- Bring face masks for the adults in your party, and wear them anytime another person (outside your pod) gets within 6 feet.
- Come back another time if our Welcome Center parking lot is full. This will limit crowding and potential virus transmission.
- Follow the VT Department of Health guidelines for mandatory pre-visit quarantining if arriving from out of state.
In addition, these existing guidelines apply:
- Park only at the Welcome Center. The Farm roads are closed to visiting cars.
- Leave your dogs at home. We know pets offer comfort in uncertain times (and they need walks, too!). However, with increased trail use, and out of concern for the impact of dogs on other visitors, wildlife, farm animals, grounds maintenance, and the ability to stay socially distanced, we do not allow visitors to bring dogs.
- Leave your bikes at the Welcome Center parking lot.
- Stay on marked trails wherever possible.
- Stay out of all barns and buildings. All buildings are closed to the public to protect the safety of our staff who perform essential food and farm functions.
- Respect all “Private No Access” or “No farther” signs. While open to the public, the Farm has several private property owners as neighbors and on-farm residents. Help us be a good neighbor by respecting their privacy.
- Please consider supporting the Farm today to help care for and share our educational campus. Thank you!
Note: There are currently no public restrooms, water fountains, or bottled water available on the property. Please plan accordingly.
More tips on healthy outdoor recreation in Vermont during COVID-19, from Vermont Agency of Natural Resources.
Ordering Farm Products
Mail order is shipping farm products on its regular schedule. Locally, you can order online for curbside pickup of our products, or we can deliver to Shelburne residents only (Monday to Friday). Pick up is daily at our Farm Store. You can also call in your order to 802-985-8442, daily from 10AM to 5PM.
Shelburne Farms Programs and Events
With an abundance of caution, and recognizing that gatherings can facilitate the spread or risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are suspending all of our on-site programs and events until further notice. Please check our calendar for updates.
We did not open the Inn and Restaurant as usual in 2020. We are deeply sorry for the impact that decision had on our friends, guests and local community. We did operate stand-alone guest cottages and houses as extended single-family rentals, with heightened cleaning protocols and extended time between stays. If you have an interest in staying with us in 2021, please visit our inn page.
For more information: