About Shelburne Farms
Shelburne Farms is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire and cultivate learning for a sustainable future. That means learning that helps students build a healthy future for their communities and the planet. Based on Abenaki land, our home campus is a 1,400-acre working farm, forest, and National Historic Landmark.
We care about the sustainability and quality of life on earth. We care about young people having hope for the future. We believe that sustainability is grounded in individual awareness and action in our own communities. Our vision is for a just world rooted in stewardship and community.
- Engage youth and people of all ages in learning experiences that inspire them to build diverse, resilient, caring communities.
- Practice stewardship and embody values of place and community through caring for and sharing our natural, agricultural, cultural, and human resources.
- Collaborate with educators and other local, national and international partners to advance education for sustainability worldwide
FIND OUT MORE…
- View our Annual Reports.
- View Shelburne Farms Strategic Framework & Priorities, 2017-2022. (Introduction only)
- View our Case for Shelburne Farms.