2023-24 Farm to School Institute Adaptation Program
Applications for this year-long program closed November 30, 2022. Decisions will be made by January 31, 2023.
Vermont FEED’s Farm to School Institute is a proven model for growing robust farm to school programs that last. Adaptations of the model already underway in Massachusetts, New York, Mississippi, Montana, Maine, West Virginia, and Nebraska. Your state can be next.
- Attend an in-depth, five-day training at Shelburne Farms June 26–30, 2023 in conjunction with the Northeast Farm to School Institute summer retreat to experience the Institute in action. A pre-Institute deep dive into program components will be included, as well as a post-Institute debrief and planning session.
- Receive direct technical assistance tailored to individual adapters will be provided, covering topics such as recruiting schools and coaches, supporting a coaching program, budgeting and logistical concerns, centering equity in program and recruitment efforts, professional learning framework and evaluation.
- Join a cohort of four other state adaptation teams in a year-long Community of Practice. With Vermont FEED as host, you’ll learn from our resources, technical assistance, tools, and one another.
- Selected state teams will receive a $7500 stipend to cover travel and other expenses.
Meet the Core Facilitators
- Jen Cirillo, Director of Professional Learning, Shelburne Farms
- Betsy Rosenbluth, Project Director, Vermont FEED
- Qing [Tsing] Ren, Evaluation and Program Analyst, Shelburne Farms