2021–2022 Northeast Virtual Farm to School Institute & Learning Community
Applications are now being accepted for our 2021-22 program! The Institute is a unique year-long professional learning opportunity for selected school, district, or early childhood teams from New England and New York. This is a program of Vermont FEED, our farm to school partnership project with NOFA-VT.
Since 2010, the Farm to School Institute has been bringing teams together to build relationships, skills, and a collaborative action plan for their school. With the support of a coach, teams spend the school year putting their plans into action and strengthening their capacity to impact classrooms, cafeterias and communities, with change that lasts.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Farm to school action planning: During the program, participants develop a values-based, school-wide farm to school action plan that integrates curriculum, local procurement, youth voice, and family and community connections.
- Coaching: Teams are paired with an experienced coach from their state’s Farm to School or Early Childhood Network. You’ll have communication and meetings with this coach throughout the school year to assist you in implementing and adapting your action plan to meet the changing needs of your school.
- Skill building: Participants engage in workshops designed around school specific roles, and meet with technical assistance providers to get support on their action plan.
- Networking with peers: Individuals and teams share innovations and challenges, join in dialogue, and share with others across the Northeast throughout the Institute experience.
- Spring 2021 Identify your farm to school or early childhood team, that may include educators and other staff, school nutrition staff, coordinators, administrators, family/community partners, and students (grades 6-12).
- August 16–17 Attend a virtual deep dive into farm to school action planning and networking with peers around the region, exploring farm to school possibilities.
- September–May Meet regularly as a team with your coach as you implement your action plan during the school year. Role-specific (educator, school nutrition staff, coordinator, student leaders) community of practice/professional learning community that meets monthly
- Spring 2022 Regional in-person retreat and/or learning journeys
This opportunity is provided by Vermont FEED and the Northeast Farm to School Collaborative with funding from USDA Food & Nutrition Service, Henry P. Kendall Foundation, and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets.Registration Details:
Full details listed by Vermont FEED, including program details, the application process, and team requirements.
Applications due March 31, 2021. We hope to notify applicants of acceptance by the end of April 2021.
Please direct questions to [email protected].
See all events.