From Executive Chef David Hugo, the Inn at Shelburne Farms
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs
- 12 ramps, trimmed; bulbs and slender stems sliced, green tops thinly sliced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 3 cups (or more) low‐salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated 1 year cheddar cheese plus additional for passing
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken thighs. Sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add sliced ramp bulbs and stems. Sauté until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 1 minute. Add vermouth. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, simmering until almost absorbed before next addition and stirring often.
- Continue cooking until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy, adding more broth if dry and stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- Mix in green tops and 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve, passing additional grated cheese separately.