Shelburne Farms expands the reach of our programs by working in partnership with organizations and agencies locally and around the world. This leverages our impact, advances our understanding of program effectiveness, and builds relationships that cultivate a culture of sustainability.
- Farm-Based Education Network Shelburne Farms is the backbone organization to this free, member network established to strengthen and support the work of educators and administrators providing public access to their productive working farms.
- Vermont Farm to School Network This network provides statewide leadership, coordination, and advocacy to advance new and existing Farm to School efforts in Vermont classrooms, cafeterias and communities.
- PLACE (Place-based Landscape Analysis and Community Education) This program offers local residents a forum for exploring and understanding the natural and cultural history of their town landscape, through an integrated series of presentations, field trips, workshops, and visioning forums.
- University of Vermont
- Vermont FEED (Food Education Every Day) cultivates links between school classrooms, cafeterias, communities, and local farms to raise awareness about healthy food, the role of Vermont farms and farmers, and good nutrition, with an end-goal of rebuilding healthy food systems.
- Forest for Every Classroom An award-winning professional development program for K-12 teachers of all disciplines based on principles of place-based education and education for sustainability.
- Champlain Basin Education Initiative A consortium of environmental and place-based education groups throughout the Lake Champlain Basin that holds workshops on teaching about the Lake Champlain Basin for K-12 educators and interested citizens.
- A Park for Every Classroom Created in 2011 to build collaborations among National Park Service staff, local community partners, and teachers to engage students in place-based learning that promotes stewardship.
- Stewardship Institute
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
- National Park Service (Northeast Regional Office)
- UVM Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education We collaborate to offer professional learning opportunities for educuators in Education for Sustainability.
- Ayiti Konse Vet. We partner with Ayiti Konse Vet (Haiti Green) to exchange education and agricultural practices between Haiti and Vermont educators and agronomists. Since 2008 we have partnered to host learning exchanges.
- 4-H As part of this federal USDA Program, we host and support a 4-H Club at the Farm, ”Shelburne Explorers,” for ages 8-17.
- Children’s Environmental Literacy Foundation (CELF) We are proud to partner with CELF on transforming education with a lens of sustainability. We have collaborated on professional learning programs for educators since 2007 and most recently on their Clinton Global Initiative Project to integrate Education for Sustainability and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) into New York City Schools.
- King Street Youth Center We have partnered with King Street for nearly 20 years to offer farm and nature programming to underserved children in Burlington, VT.
- National Farm to School Vermont FEED, one of our partnership organizations, is the Northeast Regional Lead for Vermont Farm to School.
- The Sustainability Academy at Lawrence Barnes A long time partner in education for sustainability efforts in Burlington.
- Outreach for Earth Stewardship (OFES) We collaborate with this onsite partner to offer public and youth programming related to wildlife, especially birds of prey.
- For more of our national and international education partners, visit our Sustainable Schools Project.