Photography for Naturalists
Learn to harness your camera to become a better naturalist while building the ecological literacy to dramatically improve nature photography. In this day-long workshop, we’ll practice blending photography techniques and naturalist skills to a achieve a deeper connection with the natural world. Ideal for all levels of experience. A digital camera and inquisitive attitude required. Ideal for all levels of experience.
- Participants will leave with beautiful photographs and a powerful new approach to walking in the Vermont woods.
- Morning photographic naturalist walk in Shelburne Farms’ picturesque landscape during prime fall foliage.
- Afternoon workshops on composition and camera technique, tailored to the interests and skills of participants.
- Photographic ecological “missions” combining natural history investigation with technical photography skills.
- Photography-focused wilderness awareness and mindfulness activities.
Instructors: Sean Beckett is a professional naturalist guide and photographer who brings guests to see and photograph North America’s powerful landscapes and charismatic wildlife. In addition to being an expedition leader for Natural Habitat Adventures and World Wildlife Fund, Sean is a Frog Hollow Artisan and photography instructor in Burlington thorough his company, Green Mountain Exposure. Sean holds an M.S. from UVM’s Field Naturalist graduate program.Registration Details:
Registration is required. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
See all events.