Transformative Leadership in Education for Sustainability - Online
A compliment to our EFS Leadership Academy, this month-long experience focuses on leadership practices and tools to transform yourself and your community. We’ll explore a whole-systems and ecological approach for leading change in complex and emergent times. We’ll work with storytelling and leadership exercises to envision the future we want to create. A core element of this program is the community that will be co-developed through our engagement with each other and our collective work.
The Transformative Leadership in EFS program blends a community of practice/professional learning community with a studio feel. Synchronous times will be focused on peer-to-peer learning, feedback, and dialogue. Asynchronous times offer an opportunity to apply tools and practices in your own community space.
This course is action-oriented with an expectation that participants will create an EFS systems analysis and project proposal/presentation or strategy plan.
For other online opportunities this summer, see:
- Education for Sustainability Immersion - Online
- Local Action, Global Impact: the Sustainable Development Goals in my Neighborhood - Online
Course Goals and Objectives
Educators in this course will:
- Practice leadership skills and reflect on agency and collaborative capacities.
- Apply principles of systems thinking to your context and your practice to elevate strengths or make change in their systems.
- Engage in a network of educators and leaders working collectively at a variety of scales to shift systems to wholeness, equity, and joy.
Registration required; additional registration for graduate credit through the University of Vermont.
Participant Fee: $200, excludes graduate credits.
Scholarships may be available on a need-based scale. Please fill out the scholarship application prior to registering for the program.
Optional two graduate credits for an additional fee. $470 for in-state and $600 for out-of-state paid via Shelburne Farms; No refunds available for graduate credits.
For program and graduate credit questions, please contact Jen Cirillo at [email protected] or 802-985-0315.
See all events.