A three-day workshop to help farmers engage and inspire visitors
Are you looking to build a farm-based education program, or inspire your existing programming? At this long-running workshop, you’ll fill your toolbox with kid-tested activities as you join a community of peers from around the region.
ABCs is designed for farmers, farm-based educators, and non-formal educators with any level of teaching experience who are building or looking to re-inspire farm-based programming.
Co-presented with the Farm-Based Education Network, a project of Shelburne Farms.
How to Apply
The Spring 2024 session is full. Express your interest to be notified when applications open for the next session, happening October 2024. This program is offered at no cost.
What to Expect
- Spend time in hands-on learning while you explore Shelburne Farms’ dairy, farmyard, garden, and forest classrooms.
- Learn new activities and engagement strategies for school groups and visitors. Experience activities from Shelburne Farms’ publications Project Seasons and Cultivating Joy and Wonder.
- Gain tools to communicate with and engage groups and visitors of all ages.
- Gather tips for creating a safe learning environment.
- Network with and learn from fellow farm-based educators.
Create Your Learning Pathway
To continue your professional development, consider joining the Farm-Based Education Network, a community of fellow farm-based educators! FBEN offers tools, support, and events for members throughout the year. FBEN is a project of Shelburne Farms.
If you're not engaged in farm-based education, consider exploring other professional learning programs.