Immersed in the daily cycles of our farm community, campers experience the stories of the land as they play, explore, and discover the wonders of the natural world. All of our camps strive to encourage youth voice, nurture curiosity, and strengthen the connection between children, our food systems, and the natural world. Our educators craft flexible programming and follow the emergent interests of campers. Whether pulling a carrot from the ground, collecting eggs from the chicken coop, building animal homes in the forest, or dipping for water critters in the pond, all activities and sessions are designed for the developmental needs of each age group.
2018 Summer Camps Offerings
Due to high demand, your camper may only attend ONE camp session. Be sure to select all age-appropriate sessions your camper can attend on the application.
- Adventures Half Day (ages 4 - 5)
- Adventures Full Day (age 5)
- Explorers (ages 5 - 7)
- Discover the Farm (ages 6 - 10)
- Taste of the Fields (ages 10 - 14)
- Beyond the Barn (overnight, ages 12 - 17)
- Work and Learn Opportunities (ages 15 - 17)
We strive to:
- Provide camp programs that: are accessible to all children regardless of financial barriers, highlight the role farms play in providing our food and fiber, and inspire deep connections to community and a commitment to a sustainable future.
- Develop and sustain an inclusive and multicultural camp community that reflects and engages Vermont’s increasingly diverse populations.
- Build relationships with campers and families to encourage lifelong learning and sustained engagement with Shelburne Farms beyond summer camp through family programs, workshops, outreach, and community partnerships.
We offer need-based financial assistance in an effort to make camp accessible to all children regardless of financial barriers. Applicants enrolled in summer camp will be able to select financial assistance using a need-based sliding scale.
Before / After Care
Campers may be dropped off as early as 8am and picked up as late as 5pm for all full day camps. This is supervised free time where children are encouraged to read, play games, and participate in other exploratory activities. Fee: $3/half hour per family.
2018 Important Information