2023 Application and Placement Details
1. Review our camp descriptions, dates, and frequently asked questions listed on our website.
2. Submit one online application per applicant anytime between January 15 - 18, 2023. Enrollment is not first come, first served.
- No payment is required to submit an application. We offer payment plans and financial assistance to all families to offset financial barriers. Enrolled applicants will be able to select financial assistance using a need-based sliding scale.
- Due to high demand, a submitted application is not a guarantee for a placement in camp.
- If selected in our placement process, an applicant may only attend ONE camp session. Be sure to select all possible session choices your applicant can attend on your application.
- We do our best to accommodate and review family applications together if they are indicated in each other’s applications.
- Camp applications will not be reviewed or sorted until after the application window closes on January 18. If your availability changes after you have submitted your application, please login to your account to make edits by January 18.
3. How the placement process works:
- Beginning January 19, 2023 the camp team sorts applications into the following categories:
- Returning campers
- Previously waitlisted applicants
- First-time applicants
- We use our camp goals coupled with a lottery-style process to enroll applicants into camp.
- We review each application individually and do our best to accommodate and review family applications together if they are indicated in each other’s applications.
- We will try to enroll applicants in their first choice session. If that session is full, we move on to your second choice, third choice, etc., until we find a place for your applicant. Some weeks fill up more quickly than others, and we will look at all your choices before placing your applicant on the waitlist.
- Once all camp sessions are full, all remaining applicants will be placed on the waitlist. We continue to use a lottery-style process to sort the order of the waitlist.
4. All families will be notified by email 2 - 3 weeks after the application period of their applicant(s) placement in camp or on the waitlist.
- Each household will receive an email notification with an attachment that includes waitlist or enrollment status. Be sure to scroll through all pages of your notification attachment.
- Applicants who are not offered a placement in camp during the initial enrollment process will be placed on the waitlist.
- Applications received after January 18 will be considered first come, first served for remaining openings or for the waitlist.
- Waitlisted applicants will be notified if space in a requested camp session becomes available.
5. By February 24, 2023, you must confirm or cancel your placement in camp:
- To confirm your camp placement, please complete all forms (including Financial Assistance), and submit full or partial payment on your online account. Enrollment notification emails will include more specific instructions. Applicants enrolled in camp will be able to select Financial Assistance using a need-based sliding scale from your online account. We kindly ask that you request only as much as you need to make camp affordable so that other families may also receive assistance. From your account, you will also be able to set up a payment plan, pay in full, or submit a donation. We appreciate donations of any amount to this effort.
- To cancel your camp placement, please contact Christine Lutters, Assistant Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your camper’s full name and enrolled session. Cancellation policy: Cancellation notice given at least 30 days prior to your camp session will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee. Cancellation notice given within 30 days of your camp session will not receive a refund.
We welcome your comments and questions!
- For questions about the application process, login information, using our CampBrain registration system, payment, or financial assistance, please email Delanté Keys, Camp Registrar, at email@example.com.
- For general questions about camp, please email Christine Lutters, Assistant Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To support the Camp Scholarship Fund, please contact Sue Dixon at 802-985-0322.