Summer Camp Application & Placement Process
2020 Application and Placement Details:
1. Review our camp descriptions, dates, and frequently asked questions listed on our website.
2. Submit one online application per camper anytime between January 8–January 13, 2020.
- Payment options and financial assistance are available for all camps; no payment is required to submit an application.
- Due to high demand, a submitted application is not a guarantee for a placement in summer camp.
- If selected in our placement process, a camper may only attend ONE camp session. Be sure to select all possible session choices your camper can attend on your application.
- We do our best to accommodate and review family applications together if they are indicated in each other’s applications.
- Camp applications will not be reviewed or sorted until after the application window closes on January 13. Once submitted, an application cannot be edited through your account.
3. Beginning January 14, 2020 the camp team sorts applications into the following categories:
- Returning campers
- Previously waitlisted applicants
- First time applicants
We use our camp goals coupled with a lottery-style process to enroll applicants into camp.
- We review each application individually and do our best to accommodate and review family applications together if they are indicated in each other’s applications.
- We will try to enroll campers in their first choice session. If that session is full, we move on to your second choice, third choice, etc., until we find a place for your camper. Some weeks fill up more quickly than others, and we will look at all your choices before placing your camper on the waitlist.
- Once all camp sessions are full, all remaining campers will be placed on the waitlist. We continue to use a lottery-style process to sort the order of the waitlist.
4. All applicants will be notified by email on February 5, 2020 of their camper(s) placement in camp or on a camp waitlist.
- Each household will receive an email notification with an attachment that includes waitlist or enrollment status. Be sure to scroll through all pages of your notification attachment.
- Applicants who are not offered a placement in camp during the initial enrollment process or who apply after January 13 will be placed on the waitlist, we still encourage you to apply.
- Waitlisted applicants will be notified if a space in a requested camp session becomes available.
5. By March 4, 2020 you must confirm or cancel your placement in camp:
To confirm your camp placement, submit your payment and completed camper information forms on your online account. Enrollment notification emails will include more specific instructions. Applicants enrolled in summer camp will be able to select a financial assistance using a need-based sliding scale from your online account. From your account, you will also be able to set up a payment plan, pay in full, or submit a donation. We kindly ask that you request only as much as you need to make camp affordable so that other families may also receive assistance. We also appreciate donations of any amount to this effort.
- To cancel your camp placement, please contact Assistant Camp Director Christine Lutters at [email protected] and include your camper’s full name and enrolled session. Cancellation policy: Cancellation notice given at least 30 days prior to your camp session will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee. Cancellation notice given within 30 days of your camp session will not receive a refund.
We welcome your comments and questions!
- For questions about the application, registration or payment, please email Program Administration Coordinator Andy Whitaker at [email protected].
- For overall questions about camp, please email Assistant Camp Director Christine Lutters at [email protected].
- For more information or to support the Program Accessibility & Scholarship Fund, please contact Sue Dixon at 802-985-0322.